Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sitting with & Listening to Heavenly Daddy

There are several ways to have your time with Heavenly Daddy(HD). Be pre-occupied with HD. (We can be pre-occupied with other things, why not HD?!) Sing Praises (I do this whenever I'm in my truck, at home cooking or cleaning). Spending AM quiet time with HD-----this can be reading my bible, bible study, singing, talking about things or praying about things & people. Thinking about HD throughout my day. Invite/Ask HD to be in every detail of my day & life.
As I spend more time with HD, I'm learning several things & my love is growing stronger. Out of this growing relationship, I experience many awesome benefits & so are the people around me. Thats really amazing!!!! Our relationship with HD has a goal of intimacy and we can celebrate the journey every step of the way. John 17:9 Holy Daddy(my change) guard them as they pursue this life that you conferred as a gift through me, so they can be one heart and mind. (MSG)
I try to relate this to the joy I feel as a parent when my children show me they love me by wanting to spend time with me. This may be snuggling, talking, watching a movie, playing games, etc. I always remember the love & joy I felt being in my Dad's lap when I was a little girl.
Sometimes because we are so pre-occupied with the great demands for our different roles (i.e. mom, wife, employee, daughter, sister) we forget the important one: Child of the KING! Thats when we are like Eli not recognizing HD's voice. Thankfully, HD's persistent with his love. He wants to enter our hectic schedule & minister to us by soothing us with peace & joy. We have to recognize his love. There are several ways he sends his love. These could be something said in a conversation & you know its from HD, the beauty in nature, a scripture passage or part of a sermon that you recall. I ask God to open my ears to hear & eyes to see. BTW--be prepared when you pray this prayer b/c he definitely answers this prayer!!!
A revelation that HD showed me is: I can't fulfill the call he has on my life if I'm not making HIM a priority.....no matter what "good" things I may be doing. Also, HD knows the longings of my heart & he wants to give them to me. But we have to pour out to HIM our everything--heartbreaks, sorrows, concerns, passions, loves, desires, dreams, etc. As we run to HD with our stuff, our focus goes from our stuff to HD!!!!Then HD can comfort us & ultimately give us our hearts desires. Through our prayers & bible study we gain the strength to overcome our emotions & circumstances!!! I'm praying for each of you today to see the love notes that HD is sending ya!!
Love to y'all! Joannie

No comments:

Post a Comment