Saturday, March 7, 2009

Apology

Hey Friends
Sorry for the delay in posts. Things have been very busy around our home. I've worn many hats (as we all do) & somewhere in there blogging took a back seat. I took the parents to the VA again, 2 softball games (Kirsten), baseball mtg (Douglas), Wed. church, Thursday trip to Montevallo for art (Kirsten), work, menus, groceries, meals, laundry, homework, & etc. Today has been catch up day. Its crazy though because house cleaning, menus, groceries & laundry are still being done today!!! Some jobs are never-ending (I know each of you can relate).
I want to share a few things with you! There are times when life seems overwhelming. This past week was one of them. But as I tried to put into practice what I've been learning in this Frazzled Female bible study, things didn't automatically change. They were still very busy but I changed how I was dealing with it. I put my HD first, had those few minutes of devotional time & prayer time! It helped me to stay focused not only on HD but it truly made me more organized & efficient in all the tasks that I was juggling. I can't explain it but I just know I experienced it! I don't always share the negative side of things I'm going through BECAUSE there are usually plenty of people sharing their negative situations. I try to keep a positive attitude in all I do. I hope for some of you that this doesn't appear things are always perfect or great in my world. I'm just like all of you. We wear many hats! These hats create a tremendous amount of stress. Our job is to handle each hat/task/responsibility to be best of our ability. I have just learned that if I stay positive about each of them that they are easier to deal with. This doesn't mean I don't get upset/frustrated/tired & sometimes angry. But over time I've realized that only made things worse if I stay in that frame of mind. If I focus on the positive of my blessings things work out better. HD has blessed with a nice vehicle so that means that if I want to keep it nice, I need to have the oil changed, may need to buy a battery, check the air in the tires & put gas in it. I have a nice home so to keep it that way I have to clean it. I have nice clothes so to keep them that way I have to wash them. It may sound very elementary but it really works & I'm focusing on my tasks as blessings. Our minister spoke about this one Sunday & it really stuck with me. He said that if we don't take care of the blessings HD gives us WHY would he bless us with more??????? There's some words to ponder.

Just because your positive & happy doesn't mean your fake --- your probably more real than most. At least you see that HD has filled you glass half way because if its half empty you emptied it! OUCH that hurt!!!
Love to y'all!
Joannie

No comments:

Post a Comment